March 29, 2022 1 min read
It might sound a little weird at first, but give this incredible grilled cheese a try and you're sure to change your mind! It's the perfect combination of sweet and savory! Plus, with Gardner's Aged Gouda, it's going to melt in your mouth.
Here's what you do!
1 tbs. butter
1/2 an apple (cut into thin slices)
4 pieces of thick-cut bacon
2 slices of bread
Gardner's Aged Gouda
1. Melt butter in skillet, add apple slices and cook for 2-4 minutes, until soft, set aside for later.
2. Cook bacon to desired crispy-ness, set aside.
3. Add mayonnaise to the outside of bread slices. Put the first slice of bread, mayo side down in a warm (not hot!) skillet.*
*Quick side note: to get that perfect golden brown on your grilled cheese, use low heat and have lots of patience. Once you have the sandwich completely assembled in the pan you can turn the heat up to med-low.
4. Add cheese, bacon, and apple slices. Top with the other slice of bread.
5. Cook to golden brown on both sides. Enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.