March 04, 2022 1 min read
This Authentic Canadian Poutine recipe is so simple and fun to make! Your family is sure to love it. AND with Gardner's famous, squeaky-fresh cheese curds, it's guaranteed to be a hit!
Without further ado.
For the gravy
• 3 tbs butter
• 1/4 cup flour
• 4 cups beef broth
• salt & pepper, to taste
For the fries
• 2 lbs potatoes
• 1-2 cups canola or vegetable oil
(amount depends on the size of your pan, you just need enough to barely cover the potato slices)
Top with cheese curds!*
*personal recommendation: put the cheese curds in the microwave for about 5-10 seconds beforehand to get 'em a little soft and melty, also releases the true squeak!
1. Heat medium-sized saucepan on med heat, add butter and stir until melted.
2. Add 1/4 cup flour to the melted butter and stir thoroughly until it is well mixed.
3. Add 4 cups beef broth and salt and pepper to your liking, then stir.
4. Bring to a simmer and then put it aside, but keep it warm for later.
5. Cut potatoes into long thin slices, about 1/4" to 1/2" thick.
6. In a large frying pan, heat 1-2 cups of canola or vegetable oil on med-high heat.
7. Carefully add potatoes to the frying oil. Cook until golden brown.
8. Remove potatoes from oil, pat excess oil with a paper towel.
9. Pour the gravy over the stack of fries, add cheese curds on top, and enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.