April 28, 2022 2 min read
Mac N Cheese Bites Recipe. A super great appetizer when hosting as you can pre-make them and just keep them warm in the oven! Also, kids go crazy for them! Here's the recipe:
• 1lb macaroni
• 4 tbs. butter
• 1/4 cup flour
• 4 cups milk
• 4 blocks of cheese
(in this video: Dry Aged Cheddar, Buffalo Wing, Aged Gouda, Smokin' Hot Pepper)
• 1-2 cups bread crumbs (I used the kind with Italian seasoning in them)
• 4 eggs
• 1-2 cups vegetable or canola oil (for frying)
1. Shred all of your cheese beforehand and set it aside for later.
2. Cook macaroni per the package instructions, strain, and set aside for later.
3. To make the cheese sauces, heat a medium-sized pot to medium-low heat and melt butter. Add the 1/4 cup of flour and stir until well combined and slightly bubbly. Add milk slowly while stirring to mix it well.
4. IF you are doing different flavors like we did in this video, you will want to separate this butter-flour-milk mixture into four (4) equal parts.
5. Add shredded cheese to the warm mixture and stir until it becomes a cheesy sauce.
6. Add macaroni to the cheese sauce and stir to combine. Do this separately for each different flavor of cheese you want to make.
7. Put the mac n cheese into a 9 x 13 baking dish and refrigerate over night.
8. Flip the cold mac n cheese out of the dish onto a large cutting board. Cut into 1-2 inch squares.
9. Dip the mac n cheese squares in the eggs then into the breadcrumbs, covering them completely. Once done, put them on a baking sheet or wire rack.
10. Heat oil in a large skillet to about 375-400 degrees.
11. Carefully place mac n cheese bites into the hot oil with a pair of tongs. Fry until golden brown on each side.
Comments will be approved before showing up.